Roflex 95 is a non-phthalate product based on phosphate esters, which combines the function of a plasticizer and flame retardant. It is used in the production of flexible PVC. Roflex 95 lowers the glass transition temperature of the plastic, which leads to a reduction in the temperature of gelation and forming during the processing. This is accompanied by a lasting improvement in polymer properties such as flexibility, resilience and hardness.
An additional function of Roflex 95 is the increase of fire resistance of the material. It occurs in the form of a clear, homogeneous liquid and is also very important in the manufacture of transparent products, i.e. technical films, membranes. In such formulations, it allows the solid additives that cause fogging of the finished material to be replaced. It works synergistically together with conventional plasticizers, providing excellent mechanical properties of the finished product.
The Roflex 95 additive has an increased viscosity of 91-115 mPa * s (at 25°C). Therefore, it is used in applications requiring less plasticity while maintaining high fire resistance, which is important in the manufacture of floor coverings. Due to the increased viscosity, the additive becomes more compatible in terms of miscibility with process oils. Mixtures of this type are used as lubricants in the processing of synthetic rubbers.
Roflex 95 application advantages:
– high LOI 32-33%, compared to standard plasticizers (LOI 24-25%) based on traditional PVC formulations (50 parts plasticizer, 100 parts PVC),
– the possibility of obtaining a PVC formulation that meets the requirements of UL-94 class V0 test,
– the possibility of obtaining PVC plastisol formulation for the production of coated fabrics that meets the requirements of DIN 4102-1 class B2,
– more than 4 times stronger migration resistance compared to standard plasticizers based on traditional PVC formulations,
– increased viscosity of 91-115 mPa * s at 25°C, ensures less plasticization of the material, while not lowering the flammability class,
– compatibility with plasticizers that do not have a flame retardant function,
– the possibility of use in a formulation together with solid inorganic flame retardants to improve the fire class
– construction (technical films, roofing membranes, floor coverings),
– electronics (cable and wire insulation),
– transport (conveyor belts, tarpaulins),
– textiles (coated fabrics),
– furniture (artificial leather, projection screens),
– automotive (car upholstery).
Markets and applications
Building & Construction / Other applications
Furniture / Upholstered furniture
Plastics / Polymer additives
Sports and recreation / Sport surfaces
Transportation / Cockpits, headlining, steering wheels, Other applications, Seats, headrests, armrests