Roflex 35 is a specialist additive to plastics that combines the function of plasticizer and flame retardant. It is successfully used in many plastics processing industries. Roflex 35 effectively increases the flexibility of polymeric materials while increasing the fire resistance of the material. Occurring in the form of a clear, homogeneous liquid, it also becomes very important in the production of transparent products, i.e. technical films, membranes.
Roflex 35 has the lowest dynamic viscosity of all products in this series. This property means that it can be successfully used together with flame retardants in solid form (e.g. aluminium hydroxide, zinc borate), significantly reducing the viscosity of the mixture.
The Roflex 35 flame retarding plasticizer is used to produce flexible PVC with a high flame retardation profile. Depending on the formulation, it becomes an irreplaceable addition in the production of extruded materials (cable and wire insulation), calendered materials (foils, liners), as well as cast materials (coated fabrics, artificial leather, projection screens).
Roflex 35 is a highly specialized product that finds its application in many industries, i.e.:
– transport (conveyor belts, tarpaulins),
– textiles (coated fabrics),
– furniture (artificial leather, projection screens).
Product application advantages:
– the possibility of obtaining a PVC formulation that meets the requirements of UL-94 test, class V0,
– possible to be applied in synergy with solid inorganic flame retardants to improve the material’s flammability profile and reduce viscosity,
– product in the form of a clear homogeneous liquid enabling the production of transparent products,
– product in the form of a low-viscous homogeneous liquid facilitating dosing,
– noticeable effect on the reduction of the system viscosity with increasing flame retardancy.