Roflex T120 is a flame-retardant plasticiser based on the latest generation of phosphate esters. The product is characterised by a less severe environmental classification (H411 statement) than commonly used phosphates of this type. The product therefore allows the avoidance of the ADR classification in transport systems when the suitable amount of plasticiser is used in the finished formulation.
Roflex T120 flame-retardant plasticiser is characterised by an elevated viscosity of 120 – 160 mPa*s (at 25°C). Thus it can be used for the production of elevated viscosity plastisols based on PVC or polyurethane dispersions (PUD). Thanks to its properties, the product is ideal for the flame-retardant coated fabrics industry. It ensures appropriate plasticization and flame retardancy, and contributes to a considerably lower migration from the material compared to standard plasticisers.
Its form of a clear homogeneous liquid is also highly significant for the manufacture of transparent products, i.e. technical films, membranes and curtains. This plasticiser can be successfully combined with powdered solutions, i.e. aluminium hydroxide and magnesium hydroxide. Simultaneous use of these products allows meeting of the strict criteria for flammability thanks to the synergistic effect.
Roflex T120 application advantages:
– less severe environmental classification (H411) than for commonly used phosphates of this type,
– high LOI 32-33% compared to standard plasticizers (LOI 24-25%) based on traditional PVC formulations (50 parts plasticizer, 100 parts PVC),
– a comparable effect on the plasticization of the material in relation to traditional phthalic and terephthalic plasticizers,
– the possibility of obtaining a PVC formulation that meets the requirements of UL-94 class V0 test,
– the possibility of obtaining PVC plastisol formulation for the production of coated fabrics that meets the requirements of DIN 4102-1 class B2,
– more than 4 times stronger migration resistance compared to standard plasticizers based on traditional PVC formulations,
– compatibility with plasticizers that do not have a flame retardant function,
– a product in the form of a clear, homogeneous liquid, enabling use in the production of transparent products.
– construction (technical films, roofing membranes, floor coverings),
– electronics (cable and wire insulation),
– transport (conveyor belts, tarpaulins),
– textiles (coated fabrics),
– furniture (artificial leather, projection screens),
– automotive (car upholstery).
Markets and applications
Building & Construction / Other applications
Furniture / Artifical leather, Upholstered furniture
Plastics / Polymer additives
Sports and recreation / Surfaces for playgrounds
Textile industry / Coated fabrics
Transportation / Cockpits, headlining, steering wheels, Other applications, Seats, headrests, armrests