Roflex 50 is a specialist additive for plastics, combining the function of plasticizer and flame retardant. It is a phthalate product based on triaryl phosphate esters. Roflex 50 is successfully used for the production of flexible PVC.
It efficiently moistens the polymer grain, enters the structure of the compound and pushes the polymer chains to form a flexible material. At the same time, the use of Roflex 50 increases the fire resistance of the material. For this reason, the product is an irreplaceable addition in specialized applications that require effective plasticization together with effective flame retardation of the material.
Roflex 50 occurs in the form of a clear, homogeneous liquid and is also very important in the production of transparent products, i.e. technical films, membranes, curtains. It replaces solid additives that cause fogging of the finished material. It works synergistically together with conventional plasticizers, providing excellent mechanical properties of the finished product.
The Roflex 50 plasticizer is dedicated to the production of flexible PVC with a high flame retardant profile. Depending on the formulation, it becomes an irreplaceable addition in the production of extruded materials (insulation of cables and wires), calendered materials (foils, linings) as well as castings (coated fabrics, artificial leather, projection screens). The product’s advantages are also useful in the processing of synthetic rubbers, providing high flexibility along with appropriate flame retardation of elastomers.
Roflex 50 application advantages:
– high LOI 32-33%, compared to standard plasticizers (LOI 24-25%) based on traditional PVC formulations (50 parts plasticizer, 100 parts PVC),
– a comparable effect on the plasticization of the material in relation to traditional phthalic and terephthalic plasticizers,
– the possibility of obtaining a PVC formulation that meets the requirements of UL-94 class V0 test,
– the possibility of obtaining PVC plastisol formulation for the production of coated fabrics that meets the requirements according to DIN 4102-1 class B2,
– more than 4 times stronger migration resistance compared to standard plasticizers based on traditional PVC formulations,
– compatibility with plasticizers that do not have a flame retardant function,
– the possibility of using the product in synergy with solid inorganic flame retardants in order to improve the flammability class of the material,
– a product in the form of a clear homogeneous liquid, enabling use in the production of transparent products.
– construction (technical films, roofing membranes, floor coverings),
– electronics (cable and wire insulation),
– transport (conveyor belts, tarpaulins),
– textiles (coated fabrics),
– furniture (artificial leather, projection screens),
– automotive (car upholstery).
Markets and applications
Building & Construction / Other applications
Furniture / Upholstered furniture
Plastics / Polymer additives
Sports and recreation / Sport surfaces
Transportation / Cockpits, headlining, steering wheels, Other applications, Seats, headrests, armrests