Rokolub AD 246 plus is a phosphoroorganic ester in the form of a light yellow to colourless liquid with a characteristic, delicate fragrance. It has a very low water level and a low acid value, which ensure long-term stability of the product's parameters. In turn, the high phosphorus content gives the product unique properties that are important in the lubricating oil industry.
The product is an AW / EP type lubricant (antiwear / extreme pressure) used to ensure high lubricity. It is recommended for mineral and synthetic oils (POE, PAO) with viscosity grade ISO VG 46. Rokolub AD 246 plus is an essential anti-wear and anti-friction additive in oil formulations intended for use at high temperatures. It provides a reduction of friction between moving parts, which effects in equipment wear reduction. In addition, the product prevents machine seizure in the event of a load resulting in boundary friction.
The operation of AW / EP type additives consists in forming on the surface of steel elements a polymer lubricating film. Phosphate esters are reacted with oxides and metal hydroxides (especially with iron compounds) that are found on the surface of the metals, forming multilayer lubricating coatings. As a result, the friction of individual components and the device wear are reduced.
Excellent anti-wear properties of aryl phosphate esters are confirmed by the results of the four-ball tests. Adding 2% of Rokolub AD 246 Plus to mineral oil provides reduction of the defect diameter by up to 50%. The product also improves the wear resistance of synthetic oils. Its use in the formulation of oil based on poly-α-olefin (PAO) in an amount of 2% can reduce the diameter of defects by 40%, and in formulation based on polyester oils (POE) – by 30%.
Rokolub AD 246 Plus also positively affects the anti-friction properties of lubricating oils. It works effectively with other EP additives (phosphor, sulphur, chlorine), providing surface protection in friction junctions, especially in sliding contact of materials. Due to its good compatibility with other additives for oils, it can be successfully used as a component of the additive package.
The products of the Rokolub AD series are phosphate additives, which, in contrast to the widely used sulphated and chlorinated AW / EP additives, do not cause corrosion and staining of metals. Rokolub AD 246 Plus, in comparison to AW / EP additives based on aryl organic esters, is characterized by a lack of risk to human health.
The product is used as an additive to industrial oils (hydraulic oils, compressor oils, turbine oils, gear oils) and automotive oils (gear oils).
Advantages of Rokolub AD 246 plus:
– improves anti-wear properties of mineral and synthetic oils:
– compatible with other anti-friction additives (phosphoric, sulfuric and chlorine ones) which ensures obtaining good surface protection in sliding contact of materials
– does not cause corrosion and metal staining (in contrast to widely used sulphated and chlorinated AW / EP additives)
– is compatible with a wide range of additives for oils
– it is safe for human health
Benefits of using the product:
– obtaining oils with better anti-wear and anti-friction properties and extending the life of the equipment
– reducing corrosion, compared to oils containing standard AW / EP additives based on sulphur or chlorine
– can be used in a package with other additives for oils
– increased safety during production and use of oils
– industrial oils: hydraulic oils, compressor oils, turbine oils, gear oils
– automotive oils: gear oils