Rokolub AD 132 is an aryl phosphate ester in the form of a light yellow to colourless liquid with a characteristic, delicate fragrance. In order to provide good hydrolytic stability, the product has a very low water content and a low acid value, which effects in limiting hydrolysis and thus maintaining all relevant product parameters at the right level.
The product is an AW / EP type lubricant used for mineral oils and synthetic oils (POE, PAO) for better lubrication. It is dedicated to oils with viscosity grade ISO VG 32. Rokolub AD 132 is an essential anti-wear and anti-friction additive in the formulation of oils intended for use in devices operating at high temperatures. It ensures reduced friction of working elements and reduces equipment wear. In addition, it prevents machine seizure in the event of excessive load..
The operation of AW / EP type additives consists in forming on the surface of steel elements a polymer lubricating film. Phosphate esters are reacted with oxides and metal hydroxides (especially with iron compounds) that are found on the surface of the metals, forming multilayer lubricating coatings. As a result, the friction of individual components and the device wear are reduced.
Excellent anti-wear properties of aryl phosphate esters are confirmed by the results of the four-ball tests. Adding 2% of Rokolub AD 132 to mineral oil provides reduction of the defect diameter by up to 50%. The product also improves the wear resistance of synthetic oils. Its use in the formulation of oil based on poly-α-olefin (PAO) in an amount of 2% can reduce the diameter of defects by 40%, and in formulation based on polyester oils (POE) – by 25%.
Rokolub AD 132 also positively affects the anti-friction properties of different types of oils. It works effectively with other EP additives (phosphor, sulphur, chlorine), providing surface protection in friction junctions, especially in sliding contact of materials. Due to its good compatibility with other additives for oils, it can be successfully used as a component of the additive package.
The products of the Rokolub AD series are phosphate additives, which, in contrast to the widely used sulphated and chlorinated AW / EP additives, do not cause corrosion and staining of metals.
The product is used as an additive to industrial oils (hydraulic oils, compressor oils, turbine oils, gear oils) and automotive oils (gear oils).
Advantages of Rokolub AD 132:
– improves anti-wear properties of mineral and synthetic oils:
– compatible with other anti-friction additives (phosphoric, sulfuric and chlorine ones), which provides good surface protection in sliding contact of materials;
– unlike the widely used sulphated and chlorinated AW / EP additives, it does not cause corrosion and metal staining;
– is compatible with a wide range of oil additives;
Benefits of using the product:
– obtaining oils with better anti-wear and anti-friction properties and extending the life of the equipment;
– reducing corrosion, compared to oils containing standard AW / EP additives based on sulphur or chlorine;
– can be used in a package with other oil additives;
– industrial oils: hydraulic oils, compressor oils, turbine oils, gear oils;
– automotive oils: gear oils;