Rokolub AD 232 is an aryl ester of phosphoric acid (V) in the form of a light yellow to colourless liquid with a characteristic, delicate fragrance. In the presence of water and an acidic or alkaline environment, a hydrolysis reaction occurs, which is typical for this group of chemical compounds. In order to ensure hydrolytic stability, the product has a very low water level and a low acid value which limits its hydrolysis. Rokolub AD 232 also has a high content of phosphorus, which is responsible for the unique properties of the product.
The product is an AW / EP type lubricant used in mineral and synthetic oils of POE and PAO type for better lubrication. It is dedicated to oils with viscosity grade ISO VG 32. Rokolub AD 232 is a particularly important anti-wear and anti-friction additive in oil formulations for devices operating at high temperatures. It brings a reduction in the friction of working elements, which reduces the wear of the equipment. In addition, it prevents machine wear in case of excessive load.
The operation of AW / EP type additives consists in forming on the surface of steel elements a polymer lubricating film. Phosphoric esters are reacted with oxides and metal hydroxides (especially with iron compounds) that are found on the surface of the metals, forming multilayer lubricating coatings. As a result, the friction of individual components and the device wear are reduced.
Excellent anti-wear properties of aryl phosphate esters are confirmed by the results of the four-ball tests. Adding 2% of Rokolub AD 232 to mineral oil provides reduction of the defect diameter by up to 50%. The product also improves the wear resistance of synthetic oils. Its use in the formulation of oil based on poly-α-olefin (PAO) in an amount of 2% can reduce the diameter of defects by 40%, and in formulation based on polyester oils (POE) – by 30%.
Rokolub AD 232 also positively affects the anti-friction properties of lubricating oils. It works effectively with other EP additives (phosphor, sulphur, chlorine ones), providing surface protection in friction junctions, especially in sliding contact of materials. Due to its good compatibility with other additives for oils, it can be used as a component of the additive package.
Rokolub AD series products are phosphate additives which, in contrast to widely used sulphated and chlorinated AW / EP additives, do not cause corrosion and metal staining Rokolub AD 232 in comparison to AW / EP additives based on aryl organic esters is characterized by a lack of risk to human health.
The product is used as an additive to industrial oils (hydraulic oils, compressor oils, turbine oils, gear oils) and automotive oils (gear oils).
Advantages of Rokolub AD 232:
– improves anti-wear properties of mineral and synthetic oils:
– compatible with other anti-friction additives (phosphoric, sulfuric and chlorine ones), which provides good surface protection in sliding contact of materials;
– does not cause corrosion and staining of metals (in contrast to the widely used sulphated and chlorinated AW / EP additives);
– is compatible with a wide range of oil additives;
– it is safe for human health;
Benefits of using the product:
– obtaining oils with better anti-wear and anti-friction properties and extending the life of the equipment;
– reducing corrosion, compared to oils containing standard AW / EP additives based on sulphur or chlorine;
– can be used in a package with other oil additives;
– increased safety during production and use of oils;
– industrial oils: hydraulic oils, compressor oils, turbine oils, gear oils;
– automotive oils: gear oils;